Science and Materials Engineering Postgraduate Program has continually improved its infrastructure through the construction of new laboratories and through the acquisition of new equipment that enables the development of research, teaching, extension and administration.
Among the funding agencies and the funding lines that have enabled this improvement, CTINFRA/FINEP, Universal/CNPq; Pró-Equipamento/CAPES; Habitare/FINEP, CTPETRO/CNPq; CTMINERAL/CNPq, ANVISA, among other, stand out.
In this context, these are the laboratories that support PPG-CEMat:
1) Materials Characterization Laboratory (LCM);
2) Materials and Active Structure Multidisciplinary Laboratory (LaMMEA);
3) Ceramic Materials Synthesis Laboratory (LabSMAC);
4) Membrane Development Laboratory (LabDesM);
5) Clay Organophilization and Polymer Processing Laboratory (LOAProP);
6) Biomaterial Development and Evaluation Laboratory (Certbio);
7) Nanocomposite Laboratory (Nanopol);
8) Solid Residue Recycling Laboratory (ResidLab);
9) Thermal Analysis Laboratory (LabTer);
10) Mechanical Tests Laboratory (LabMec)
10) Polymer Rheology and Processing Laboratory (LabRPPol);
11) Thermal Fusion and Treatment Laboratory (LabFTer);
12) Computational Mechanics Laboratory (LabMCom);
13) Metallography Laboratory (LabMet);
14) Metrology and Machining Laboratory (LabMUsin)
15) Welding Laboratory (LabSold);
16) Desalination Laboratory (LabDes);
17) Thick Films Laboratory (LabFilmes);
18) Glass Technology Laboratory;
19) Materials Technology Laboratory
To enable PPG-CEMat researches, these laboratories have the following equipment, among others: hydrocyclone purification and clay organophilization pilot unit, ceramic extruders, dip coating, rolling mills, automatic and semi-automatic presses, freeze-dryers, polymer extruders, modular corrotational double screw extruder, Hack closed mixer, rheometers and viscometers, abrasimeters, zeta potential determiner, gas pycnometer, particle size analyzer, (micrometric and nanometric), universal test machine, microdriometer, high temperature furnances (1700oC and 2200oC with controlled atmosphere), dilatometers, high-power microwave oven, scanning electron microscope, atomic-force microscopy, x-ray diffraction equipment, atomic emission spectrometer with coupled plasma, infrared spectrometer, UV/Vis spectrometer, thermal analysis spectrometer (DTA, DSC e TG), dilatometry, specific surface area determination, mercury porosimetry.